View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 09:43 PM   #8
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,447 Times in 1,693 Posts
Default Re: Wild Horse Stock Full @ 3 g.p.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRoderick View Post
3 grade points were required to enter AZ, not 6. Stop exaggerating.

In all likelihood people will withdraw.

It is understandable, in your capacity as a racing associate, that you might be unaware of current car counts at divisional events. Spoiler...They aren't great. I raced a divisional last year, where a separate bracket race and T&T were run to increase the car count of the event. Why would the NHRA allow 100+ cars in national events if the divisional races aren’t well attended? Maybe if more people ditched their associate status and the divisional car counts increased, then we could force the NHRA's hand to increase the national quotas top where we want them. In all likelihood it probably doesn’t matter to the NHRA, but at the very least it would support local divisional tracks and keep them open. In any event, all the complaining about quotas when divisional point race participation at some local tracks is marginal just comes off as entitled whining.

The only thing in abundance is your ignorance. You have no idea of the effort and sacrifice that I, as well as any other racer with 3 or more grade points, had to endure to get our program and grade point total to where they are. The rules for entry and quotas are well known, so I did what it took to decrease my odds of getting shut out of events.

Maybe next you will be crying that the NHRA needs a participation Wally.
Rod Man,
If it took 3 this year, then maybe 4 next year, then maybe what? Out of the division races too? What have you gained? Hope you're in for the long haul then.
Like I said , good luck to you or any of my friends who want to participate in the LODRS rip off program.
My complaint is not with you , but rather with the NHRA business model.
45 years of giving them money ,and getting less and less in return...I've had enough.
We have more fun at the association races anyway.
(BTW, I do know just a bit about trying to make money promoting drag races.)