View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 09:14 AM   #32
Matt Schurman
Sponsor

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Generator Questions and Answers, by R&J Control Inc

Good Morning.

The last two posts require different responses, which will both lead in similar directions. So bear with me, this stuff is work....lol

First, NHRA1285, your code 17 is a fuel pump fault code, which is trigger by the controller unable to sense the electric pump. This is a bypassable fault, which means it can be reset and ignored, but that information is pretty much useless if the machine won't run. When the control doesn't "see" the fuel pump in the circuit, it won't allow the engine to crank, it just drops right into a fault 17, so the fuel pump and wiring needs to be tested.

Your unit is installed without regard for making this type of repair within the confines of a Class A motorcoach. Without seeing the installation I can't say for sure but I'm fairly certain it will have to come out to chase this problem down. It's a big pain and yes, it will probably come out the bottom of the coach. We use a forklift and a great deal of cursing. Give me a call to discuss, I think I can help you more over the phone with some of the details. 800-821-5973