View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #82
CycloneFE

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Shop, need suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Marconette View Post
Thank you for the info. The floor heating is very efficient. It looks like you have heated the entire floor? So the dye in the floor also seals the concrete? It looks nice, and $900 for that large of an area is very reasonable.

Sean
The dye does not seal the concrete. The contractor used Luster Seal 350. He applied it while the concrete was still curing. After it was done months went by while the inside was being done. Lots of dust and equipment working inside. It left a "white" look to the floor, so I rented a floor washer and scrubbed cleaned and dried it out. Then I applied another coat of Luster Seal at $125 per 5 gal container. Looked great, then slowly started to get "white" again. The rep for Luster seal says I let moisture get in between layers. What about the curing of the concrete, no moisture there huh? Oh well. Still trying to finish it.

The dye in the concrete leaves it all the same color, you chip out a piece, it is still the same color underneath. And yes the entire building is heated through the floor.

Last edited by CycloneFE; 11-10-2012 at 06:40 PM.
CycloneFE is offline   Reply With Quote