View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 08:52 PM   #10
63corvette

Liked 279 Times in 87 Posts
Default Re: Trailer Wheel Bearing Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdr View Post
Rick,
I installed a TPMS on my trailer a few years ago. Highly recommend them. Mine monitors pressure and has a temp sensor that monitors the temp around the wheel. These just screw onto the valve stems. I have noticed that the right side of my trailer seems to build more heat (not too hot) that I see by the fact that the tire pressures on the right side are approx 3# higher that the left. With that being said, I think mine is an issue with how my trailer is loaded. My dragster and related items favor the right side of my trailer. Not sure, but something like this may be part of your issue. Maybe the attitude of the trailer as it goes down the highway could be a problem. Does the trail tilt slightly downward in the front causing more weight to be put on that axle? The roads we travel on are not flat, maybe adding to your issues. This seems to be more of an issue with triple-axle trailers. It would be interesting if we could scale our trailers like we do our race cars. That would definitely tell something.
Dan
Loading is an interesting thought. When towing the front of the trailer is about an inch or a little more taller in the front than the rear on level ground.
The trailer has a five foot lower and upper cabinet on the road side and is loaded with tools etc. I then pull a golf cart alongside the cabinet all the way to the front.
I would think the golf cart weight would offset the tool box however, the tools may outweigh the cart.
I will try to redistribute some of the weight along with the new USA made bearings.

I appreciate all the comments some of which I had not considered.
Thanks again,
Rick Cates
63corvette is offline   Reply With Quote