View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 08:57 AM   #8
Eddies66
VIP Member

Liked 794 Times in 383 Posts
Default Re: The Final Countdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reimer 7376 View Post
Eddie, you are the most thoughtful person I've ever met. Thank you for calling attention to these brave very young Americans who were faithful to the end. Everybody needs to see the Vietnam wall or the traveling wall that tours the country occasionally. It's the most somber sight you will ever see.Darwin Judge was born two years after I was. They didn't draft guys born in '54, although we registered for the draft. That means he had to have been an enlisted man.

Thank you for your kind words. These worldwide detachments are all enlisted men, MSgt Valdez was the senior man on site in Saigon. Major Keene was the Company Commander and was posted at the Company Headquarters in Hong Kong. He came to the Embassy in Saigon for a short time then departed in the second to the last CH-46. During this time I was posted in New Delhi, India as a Sgt. These Marines that are posted with the State Department are the 1% of the Marine Corps, very dedicated and well trained in the protection of the Embassy and the American personnel attached to it.

Last edited by Eddies66; 05-01-2019 at 10:54 PM.
Eddies66 is offline   Reply With Quote