Thread: Gatornationals
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 05:38 PM   #21
Spyphish

Liked 662 Times in 174 Posts
Default Re: Gatornationals

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
I raced beginning in 1963 at Aquasco with an old Ford... Raced a 1965 Plymouth 426 Street wedge after the Ford until I was drafted to be cannon fodder in Viet Nam. Came back and raced a 69 Vette in what was F/S back then. Went to super stock when the rule change hit in 1972. Raced again in 1977-78 in a SS/IA Camaro with my own home built engine. No ported heads back then or elect water pump drive nor those "fugly" Kirky seats. Had a free P/G and converter from ATI when Jim was alive. Its the ONLY thing I ever received free.Ken Keir tubbed it and built the 4 link before he opened his chassis shop.. . Was class runner up in 1978 at the Bowling Green Sports Nationals ($40 entry fee !) against one of Bobby Warrens customers named Phil Hardee. Worked for NHRA under Greg X until I got tired of working for the Gestopo. Worked 22 plus years for IHRA at ALL of their National events. Developed and got the Top Stock program going in IHRA with Mike Keener. I guess you were still pooping in your diaper during most of that time. With all the rule changes making things more expensive I quit racing as I had a family to support at that time. . I guess IF someone gave me a free Hemi car and upkeep I would do it again......Naaaaaaaaaa !

Thank you for your service. Ignore the crickets.
Spyphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked