View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 07:54 PM   #21
weedburner

Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: Radial tire question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Caughlin View Post
Mike, not bashing your product but have you checked with NHRA about the legality of this for Stock & SS? The reason I ask is that I proposed something similar to this quite some time ago and was told absolutely not. They said that anything that affected the release of the clutch linkage would not be legal. I think their issue is that this kinda gets into the delay box gray area. Jim
If that question was intended for me, I have no idea if it's NHRA legal for stock or SS. It does not affect the manual release of the pedal with your foot, it only stops the pedal's return at a pre-determined point. Basically the same as adjusting base pressure, except that it also has a bleed that allows additional pressure to then come in at a much slower rate. That allows more slip during launch without blowing thru the clutch in high gear.
Here's a Psi graph showing what it does on a hyd throwout bearing. The vertical drop of the trace was all foot controlled. It's only after the clutch hits that pressure drop is controlled (acts on the pedal itself, also compatible with mechanical linkage)...

There's an article in the April issue of NMCA/NMRA's Fastest Street Car Magazine. I have not seen it yet, but I hear they interviewed some racers that are using it.

Grant

Last edited by weedburner; 03-22-2019 at 12:46 PM.
weedburner is offline   Reply With Quote