Old 07-20-2018, 10:46 PM   #37
GarysZ24
VIP Member

Liked 197 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via MSN to GarysZ24 Send a message via Yahoo to GarysZ24
Smile Re: Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Wong View Post
I can tell you I have been to a lot worse places. The pits and staging lanes are all downhill even though its a drive. Those of us that have been going there for some time was spoiled by the treatment of the 80s 90s and early 2000s where you ate and drank for free for 4 days on Mopars dime.

I did not know air meters went to 5 digits until I saw over 10,000 feet come up on the screen. You just have to get used to leaving in what feels like second gear.

Bottom line is we can keep complaining until we are out of race tracks. Times are not what they used to be and I'm pretty sure they will never be that way again. I would not steer someone away from going there. The altitude adjusted ETs are all relative.
Paul, I could (and will hopefully next month), shake your hand/high Five you, or fist bump you for saying that about "complaining until we are out of race tracks". Next month those of us in D7, D6, & D5 may have our last chance to attend a points race at one of (if not) the second highest elevation drag strip holding divisionals....Rocky Mountain Raceway, in West Valley City, Utah! I've been working my butt off to comfortably secure the funds I'll need to partake in those two races, because I hope I (and everyone else who shows up there), leave a lasting impression on what Salt Lake City's about to lose, by letting this track go and not having a replacement track in line for 2019 onward!

If D7 doesn't get another pair of tracks of similar distance (or closer) to Phoenix, then I'll be putting Bandimere Speedway on my schedule for future points races (and or Boise), because it'll be easier to get to either of those tracks, than going to either Sonoma or Fallon (if they get one of the two races back?). I miss the Bandimere's, great people, and Larry Crisp is one of the best track preparer's there is in all of racing, and I've had a lot of fun, success, and good times up there, throughout my now 43yrs in drag racing, and they were the representative source of my (so far) three championships! I've had many more good memories there than I could ever have bad, and I even went door to door back in Y2k in the ill-fated attempt to have Bandimere Speedway relocated out near D.I.A. east of Aurora, Co. Once that effort failed (mostly thanks to that joke of a NASCAR track south of Colorado Springs, that hasn't existed for much past 2000 anyway, and never had a major NASCAR race there anyway!), that's when I started exploring relocating, so I could be closer to more points races/national events for my more meager budget, but I'll still go to Bandimere when I can, because of their family, the track itself, and definitely the staging lanes/cool down island(s).

I'm glad that housing developers told people who wanted to buy homes near there, that if they were going to buy a house near that track, they had to sign some form claiming that they won't complain about the noise from the track, or they would have to live somewhere else farther away, because they're not ruining a stable source of revenue for the town of Morrison, or the nearby suburbs of Golden, Lakewood, and Littleton (not to mention Denver as well)!

I hope the Mile High Nationals are great, wish I was there, and God Bless all who are with good times, safe runs, and WIN LIGHTS!!!!
CF/S #5824 (#78 in 2021)
GarysZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote