View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 10:49 AM   #19
Ed Wright
Veteran Member

Liked 389 Times in 168 Posts
Default Re: Tony Stewart-Kevin Ward / Sprint car accident

People that know nothing about those cars make some of these idiotic statements. I took a break from drag racing from 1980 through 1990 to race one of those things. I hired a driver.
If you have not worn one of those helmets with several tear-offs on the visor, and lights shining at you from the outside of the track, and see a driver dumb enough to wear a black fire suit at a night race, next to a black car, that is asking to get your tail run over. The driver's vision is not that great under those conditions. Those cars do not mauever like a car on pavement with a differential. They will not stop on a dime, on dirt. The brakes are configured to "set" the car on entry when running the bottom, not stop it suddenly.

That kid was dumb enough to get out of the car and throw a tantrum like a two year old, stepping in front of a car going about 40 MPH, instead of acting like a man and going to talk to Stewart after the race. Well, I'm sorry, but he asked for it. It is really sad that he died from his idiotic antics. No rational person is going to think that even Tony Stewart would run over somebody on purpose.