View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 10:06 AM   #28
1320racer
VIP Member

Liked 400 Times in 191 Posts
Default Re: Ken Keir wheelie bars

James, you know I know too, you've been in the other lane more than once watching me carry the front wheels on my Chevelle past the 60 foot clocks and what I have posted will do exactly as I have stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Hill View Post
I am sure when you have 14" of tire touching the track you can easily tune your front shocks, rear shocks, front and rear ballast - tie your car down, you could probabley sit in the passenger seat and it wouldn't make a differance to what your 60 ft would be. I am sure there are guys running quicker 60's than me with first gen camaro, 9" tires and are able to the control their wheel stands, i am just not there yet.
There are and perhaps you missed the photo of my former Chevelle. It had 10" tires as does the '69 Camaro I've refered to. Neither have wheelie bars, both hook in a car wash and they've been 1.28 and 1.27 respectively in 60 foot off the footbrake.

Again, if Garret wants a wheelie bar, he'll get a wheelie bar. I'm just advising him as I have been for the last decade, that he don't need a wheelie bar to control his wheelstands.

Last edited by 1320racer; 02-21-2012 at 10:40 AM.
1320racer is offline   Reply With Quote