View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 04:13 PM   #8
Mike Meier

Liked 40 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Stock/Superstock association in Div 4 area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bogues View Post
I've noticed it seems like every area of the country has a S/ss association that put on their own races except for the div 4 area.It would be nice to have a few more class races to go to yearly besides just the Divisional races and the two nats. Just wondering?

I'll preface this with "I just sold my Stocker earlier in the year, so I don't have a dog in the fight at the moment." but...

One of the big things to consider is that the pockets of racers in D-4 are so spread out. It might be more ideal to just do the races in one central location that everyone can travel to in a reasonable amount of time (i.e. Dallas area).

A recent development that I see as a positive for an Association is that the D-4 schedule is now weighted towards the first half of the year, leaving the summer and fall to get races done. That way you don't run into the problem of having too many races in a short stretch of time.

The most important thing and biggest challenge is finding someone that is going to step up to lead that charge; which would almost certainly mean that individual stepping back from competing due to the time involved.