View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 05:21 PM   #9
Joe Bauman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: IHRA tournament of Champions

I normally don't post, but I feel this is important. I have contacted Skooter and gave my opinion. I agree with Michael on how to determine the championship. There is not going to be any great way to decide this but if they tell us to come back it will be a disaster.

They tried to level the playing field for the sporsman racer with the TOC. Well it didn't work this year.

Alot of the sportsman racers can not come back at all. If they reschedule it and you don't come back you will get nothing. If they split it up you will at least get part of your tow money back. Figure it out the best they can and move on to next year and hopefully they will learn from their mistakes.

I am probably one of the racers that would come back if they rescheduled it. I actually think I would be dumb for going back but hey..... I love racing.... With that being said... If I was to win it. It wouldnt be a true championship. So what is the point of trying.

The weather was not the problem at this race. The problem was the poor scheduling and the main problem was track prep. I don't know how to fix the track prep problem, but what they were doing did not work. They knew they had a problem the week before at the bracket finals and did nothing to fix the problem. That is the main issue I see.

I think they need to let all of the TOC qualifiers vote on several options or they need to form a commitee of racers to help make the best decision in the interest of the sportman racers.

We need IHRA to survive. I am not happy with what just happened but screaming at them will not help..... Lets help them make the best decision possible.

Joe Bauman
573X
Joe Bauman is offline   Reply With Quote