View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 10:22 AM   #2
schultz

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: IHRA tournament of Champions

IHRA is completley to blame for that weekend! I've never seen such an unorganized mess in all the years I've been racing. For one they had too many races to run, when they had a window to run some cars nothing was going down the track. The only good decision they made was to go 1/8 mile. The sportsman national should have been cancelled as soon as there was a threat of rain, wich they new was coming on Thursday. How many guys do you think traveled from all over the country to run that race? None, they were all locals or from a couple hundred miles away. I was qualified for the TOC I drove 1200 miles one way from Minnesota just to make time runs! You would think by October everybody who is at that race has there stuff together, that making the switch to 1/8 mile would be no big deal. When they gave extra time trials on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday I was ready to burn the tower down. Who makes such asinine decisions! Every dicision they made from race control sabotaged the weekend. They just kept putting themselves further and further behind. Yes we had weather to deal with, but there is no excuse for not getting that race done. Thank god the ran that jet truck and those hack fuel cars, so they could oil up the track and screw up the timing system for the 200 fans in the stands. I'm angry, I looked forward to this race for months. It was probably a once in a lifetime trip for me, but I'm sure the brain power at IHRA will reschedule it in Florida. So the guys who can travel can go, and us guys from Minnesota, Canada, Texas can all sit and spin. I can't go back, I burned up my vacation and my money do go once not twice. Split up the money to the qualifiers, what difference does it make to have a world champion in an organizaton, that if they keep making the decisions they are making won't be around much longer.
schultz is offline   Reply With Quote