View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 01:06 PM   #30
Rich Biebel
VIP Member

Liked 510 Times in 200 Posts
Default Re: Why is NASCAR Dying ? Video !

Its way less complicated to me really.....

Our society has changed and the vast majority does not give a crap about cars, motorsports and racing in general.

We were always a MINORITY anyway !

The average kid today is nothing whatsoever like I was or many of my gearhead friends. I pumped gas and worked in a gas station as did many young guys back then. Learned the mechanic trade. I Was star struck the minute I first saw fast cars and went to the track as a 12-13 year old. Hooked me for life..

Practically every gas station had something to do with some kind of race car. Drag cars and dirt track mostly around here.

Today every gas station is just a gas station and here in my home state of NJ where we have attendants they hardly speak English and ride bicycles.....Cars ? Don't even own one......

NASACR rode the wave and so did NHRA.....'80's-'90's at its peak.

NASCAR went thru the roof for a while and so did NHRA......Then the bottom fell out...…..Sponsors disappeared for all the reasons mentioned in the video.

The wave is gone and its not coming back.....

Best we can do is keep it going for a while...….and like the video says it may all be gone in 10 years...

Race tracks become housing for all the illegals...….sheesh....

For me there is no example more telling than the closing of Englishtown......50 miles from my home......They can make millions to park damaged cars......and drag racing is done. They still run other various events just no drag racing......They make a profit without the headaches......

Last edited by Rich Biebel; 11-29-2018 at 01:19 PM.
Rich Biebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked