View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
EMMONS MOTORSPORTS

Liked 108 Times in 23 Posts
Exclamation $5000 CASH REWARD for transmissions lost at R&L Carriers

By now, most of you have read my thread about my (2) 727-904 transmissions that came up missing while being shipped from Holt Race Cars in Ohio to Pro Trans in California. I am offering a $5000 REWARD for the safe return of my transmissions within the next 30 days. No questions asked. SOMEONE knows SOMETHING, SOMEWHERE, that just might give us the tip we need. It is best to call me on my cell @ 713-875-9199 if you have any questions or need any information regarding the shipment.

Gary Emmons

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(2) 727-904 Transmissions LOST at R&L Carriers

On 1-22-2013, I had R & L Carriers pick up a pallet with (2) 727-904 transmissions from Holt Race Cars in Columbus, Ohio to be delivered to Pro Trans in Lancaster, California. One had a CSR transmission shield with an adapter plate for a New Generation Pro Stock Hemi. A CSR billet catch can with misc. hoses and fittings were in a small box. Both had 2.19 gear sets, A-1 style locking dipsticks, 3" aluminum pans, and still had solid mounts on the tailshaft. One of the transmissions had a new case. The pallet had the transmissions secured with ratchet style straps and bungee cords and the transmissions were wrapped in plastic. According to R & L Carriers, the shipment was mistakenly tagged with a tracking number that belonged to another shipment that was similar in weight and consistent with number of pieces while at a terminal in LAX or Long Beach, California. From that point on the shipment has seemed to have disappeared. One obvious possibility is they were stolen from the terminal. Another thought I had was because my shipment had the same tracking number as another, perhaps the person who received his shipment with the same tracking number as mine also received my shipment. I was told the person receiving the shipment (at his house not business) said he did not. I don't know what has happened with my transmissions or if I am getting ALL of the true and correct facts from R & L Carriers. I did not exercise good judgement and insure my freight, therefore I am out the $8000 I paid for the transmissions. They are only willing to pay .10 cents per pound which comes to a settlement around $25. I have been in constant contact with people within R & L Carriers and still no progress on the whereabouts of my shipment. I am asking anyone reading this to keep an open eye and ear when visiting or talking with others on the chance we might be able to locate these transmissions. I will pay a $2000 cash reward for the information leading to the location and retrieval of my transmissions. I am not interested in prosecuting in the event of foul play. I only want my transmissions. Thank you in advance.

*** I do have a photo of the shipment BEFORE it was wrapped in plastic but can't seem to figure out how to upload it to this post.

Gary Emmons
Emmons Motorsports
713-875-9199 cell
713-943-1958 office
EMMONS MOTORSPORTS is offline   Reply With Quote