View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 10:19 PM   #16
bnsfmachinist

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Lazy off the line

Well, just wrapped up a great weekend at Pacific Raceways up here in WA state. Two separate races sat & sun we went down for both. Basically treated the races as a test and tune to see what we could get out of the car given its current running condition.

Improved ET and 60' a little bit by throwing a bit more timing and jetting down.l (it was a bit fat) Car runs pretty consistent though, it is dial-able (still learning the car of course)

Won in round one on Saturday but lost round two. Bummer was that I was comatose on the line. Worst reaction time I've ever put on a time slip. Lost my composure! (First time going beyond the first round of elim's).

Bigger bummer is that my opponent was so far slower on his dial I only needed to cut a .120 light to have won. Kicked my own butt all night after that one!

Sunday went good, found a good spot on the tree, worst RT was a .090 in three passes. Broke WAY out in the first round. I dialed slower, car picked up.

Fun weekend nonetheless.

You boys offering up advice, I hear ya and gonna put 4.56's under it soon. Gonna try a 750HP and see if that helps, looking at a different manifold as well. But other than that I'll just run as is this season. I'll certainly be digging deeper into the situation this winter, gonna look into a more appropriate cam for sure. Maybe a looser converter.

For now, I'll keep absorbing info from folks like you guys and taking it one step at a time.

Sure is fun though, even in the 12's!

Last edited by bnsfmachinist; 04-17-2016 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Words
bnsfmachinist is offline   Reply With Quote