Thread: Gm dart block ?
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 08:03 AM   #18
carl hinkson

Liked 18 Times in 10 Posts
Default Re: Gm dart block ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickh View Post
Have been selling them for years along with Allstar Performance. Mine are exactly the same ones they sell (made by same mfg.)

Obvious there is a need for these.

https://allstarperformance.com/oil-r...hole-all90072/
I never run restrictors when running roller lifters. The way roller lifters are built the oil hole is on the side of the the lifter not in the oil band like flat tappet lifters. On roller lifters oil is regulated by bore clearance not restrictors.

Check with any roller lifter company on using restrictors with their lifters see what they say.

I have sold well over 250 SHP blocks and to date I have had zero problems with oil pressure. Like I have said if you know what your doing you should be fine.

Dart has built and sold how many SHP blocks and engines and their not seeing any problems

I just got two SHP blocks and Dart has sold over 32000 SHP blocks and nothing in the instructions mentions any oil problems and you have to run restrictors.

The biggest oil bleed off with any Dart block is using cam bearings with 3 oil holes something I don't do.

Many guys pay no attention to lifter bore clearance either. Something I always address.

Here is a video that shows the difference in lifter sizing between companies

Last edited by carl hinkson; 04-15-2019 at 08:12 AM.
carl hinkson is offline   Reply With Quote