View Single Post
Old 11-22-2023, 05:55 AM   #73
Cglrcng

Liked 129 Times in 66 Posts
Default Re: A 30 year journey, and a 2nd chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lee View Post
I am going to report you for having too much fun!!!
My wife and 3 boys already know! And yes, after sitting out 26 years, I am flat having a blast! I feel like it is 1975 again, not yet my most successful season of 1984, but I hope that is coming (If I can just slow my leaves down a few thousanths, to as green as I have been red so far, I will load that tree up in the hatchback and steal it!)

Going fast was never really a part of my competition equation, but side by side in the lights is what excites me, and to do it with even much faster competition is more fun than I can even imagine attempting to bring it down to an inch! (David, to get to race with many of the best Stock racers in the country at Las Vegas & Pomona at season's end in only my 3rd and 4th event back in the saddle, was a dream come true, and it is beyond fun!)

It is a blast! (I just get at this late stage in life, to stay out there on the track doing it, every pass, quite a bit longer than anyone else does!) It is though too bad NHRA has that rule of not aiming a camera at the competition, because if they did not, I would mount a go-pro under my rear bumper so everyone could see the under chassis view I see in my rear view mirror of the competition when they go wheels up, usually when I am about to cross the 660' mark, it is to die for!

I don't know if anyone else noticed or not, but my last pass of the season, was -789 under, almost 4/10ths off the EF/S Record as far as E.T., but was 4/10ths of a mile an hr. faster than the MPH that was set at. When you pilot a slow heavy sled, the little things are big accomplishments.

That is only a tiny increment, but knowing the car like I do, I can switch to the front street tires, and run 2/10ths slower, but pump that up at least 1 MPH faster. Another small increment.

To see, and be with old friends again, all doing what we love to do...I am just getting started having fun!