View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #46
Michael Kilduff

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: GM Releases 2013 bogus HP ratings at PRI show

All of that, even losing hundreds of pounds for many, costs a lot of money.

Simple solution is to put the 'new' cars in their own class, maybe make cars 15 years old or older in a 'nostalgia' class.

The NHRA could really work some of this to their advantage. There seems to be more fan interest in SS/AH than any other class and NHRA announcers do talk up a lot of the older cars because of fan interest, among other things. The really neat thing, from a fans perspective, is that Stock and Super Stock are racing categories that are also a car show. Where else do '55 Chevys and '69 Mustangs and New Muscle compete against each other? Very suprised the NHRA hasn't figured out a way to capitalize on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boster View Post
This is an easy problem to solve if we all just let NHRA no that as racers we all agree to let the older cars upgrade their motors to run with the new cars . Better heads , bigger cams , lighter after market cranks , new carbs , spec blowers

or

Weight reductions are all ready given in comp and top sportsman for trans type, n20 vs none n20 , big block vs sm block . Any car 5 -10 years old 100lbs , 11-20 years old 200lbs , 30 plus years old 300lbs . These are easy solutions as mentioned by others

We could fix this and all the cars could run faster if they wanted . You can't hold the new cars back but you can bring the old cars forward with some simple changes

Someone start a petition on the weight break rule , or the part rule I will sign up and I own 2 new cars

Take 300lbs out of John Armstrong's vette and he runs 8.30 just like the CJ and I'm all for it

The parts rule might even bring in more money to class racing from parts companys