View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #44
69Cobra

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: GM Releases 2013 bogus HP ratings at PRI show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Downing View Post
Bottom line old cars don't sell new cars and new parts.
It's very easy to understand
Charley with all do respect the win on Sunday sell on Monday went by the way side in the early '70's. I love the new CJ's but I don't believe Ford has seen a measurable increase of sales that they could truly credit the CJ's for... Now, sure the aftermarket parts will always be there for all the hot rodders but again I don't believe Ford has seen a measurable increase in sales of aftermarket parts that they could solely credit the CJ's for... Other than the CJ only items that guys are buying to build their BIW cars with. So lets say there are 100 BIW builds taking place. In the grand scheme of things that's not a drop in the bucket to justify a corporate move one way or the other... other than the marketing side of it. Don't get me wrong I don't blame the manufactures or the car owners as I actually had a '13 CJ Competition Kit on order but cancelled it at the last minute. Again I think the cars are cool and I like seeing the factory involvement in our class but I'm waiting to see how NHRA handles these GM motors in question to see if they hold GM to the same standard they held Ford on the 5.0 motors.

Last edited by 69Cobra; 12-02-2012 at 12:28 PM.
69Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote