View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 01:41 PM   #30
Joseph Teuton

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: History Repeats itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Kershaw View Post
Not that I recall.

I submitted the GT from 2008 to present and V6 from 2011 to present. They have been in the guide for months.
I'm not aware of anyone racing them.

There are high value combinations in the Cobra Jet line up as well. The 2010 Cobra Jet 4.6l combo for example is very affordable for how fast it can go and it is easy to build as the vast majority of the parts are available from any Ford dealer.

There is always a dilemma when submitting new cars. Make it a value with low initial cost, and competitive, but it will also likely be in classes with older cars. Or make something that is still a value but considerably more expensive and runs against other late models almost exclusively. The vast majority of our customer cars are the latter option but we have always tried to get more price conscious combinations legal for racers to consider.

When I hear what racers pay for clean sheet metal on older cars, what it cost them for the latest trickiest head for their big block, or the difficulty they have in finding 20-30-40 year old parts, I am reminded that the late model cars can be a huge value. Like anything in racing you can spend as much as you want.

I am proud of the job we've done presenting cost effective options, pushing for new faster classes for the late models, posting more contingency than ever for all model years, and putting effort into growing the sport.

X2!! Thanks Jessie for your support in drag racing!