Thread: 69 Camaro B/S
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 05:22 PM   #117
J&S Racing

Liked 287 Times in 77 Posts
Default Re: 69 Camaro B/S

For whatever reason I've always got my parts from Rick's camaro.

The panels are PUI platinum. I gotta say there super nice but there's 1 thing that bothers me, if you look above the camaro emblem they put the seam of the trim right there. Why would they not have put that at the bottom?

I'll get a quick update in as there won't be any for a few months but then it'll be final assembly time!

I started checking for alignment of the bellhousing. While checking the parallel I was having issues seeing the dial when it was at the 12 position but noticed the needle was going positive as it got close. I wasn't happy with the powder coat on the bell so I decided to sand it off on the mating surfaces. In the mean time I checked the depth of the input shaft into the pilot bearing and fell short with the 1/4 block spacer. I pulled the spacer and measured it and found it was got .010 thicker from the dowel holes to the top. I've decided to send the pressure plate back and have the fingers replaced to the new style and not use a spacer at all..

I made a stop to get a quote on putting the nose back together and painting a few things but ended up making a deal on RE painting the whole car... I gotta pull a few more things off and I should hopefully get it to the shop next weekend. I just hope this doesn't turn into paint shop prison!!
J&S Racing is offline   Reply With Quote