View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #8
Jason Oldfield

Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jason Oldfield Send a message via MSN to Jason Oldfield Send a message via Yahoo to Jason Oldfield
Default Re: Time to Revisit the Super Times?

I would contend that to build a competitive S/C car these days, you need to run in the mid-7s, which is exactly where you are at (mid-8s for S/G, and mid-9s for S/St). So, I don't see it as a 2 second difference between the classes, but 1 second, just like every other class.

Sure, there is close to a 2 second difference between the classes when you are running on the stop and the current T/D bump, but that's not a fair comparison in my opinion because you are CHOOSING to run the car on the throttle stop. Alternatively, you could choose to sell your current motor to one with less power and turn your throttle stop off and still run 8.90s. Sure, I know this sounds ridiculous, and it is, just like the current state of the .90 classes.

We'll never get any sort of consensus as to how the changes to the classes should be implemented because everyone is only looking out for their own best interests (and I'm not saying that I would be any different). In the end, the racers have spoken - run the .90 classes as they are now, run T/S or T/D, or stay home and run the brackets if you don't like it (which is what I've chosen to do, along with racing the TNT Super Street Series).

And as Damien said: