View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 11:16 AM   #10
bsimms89

Liked 37 Times in 14 Posts
Default Re: COPO owners/racers

I was selected last year and received my car in July. I went through the same questions as you. I was torn between the 427 and supercharged 350. I reached out to Jim Boburka from Jim Crivelli Chevrolet (he owns and races one with a 427 and sells a lot of COPOs through his dealer). After speaking with him, Dave Barton and a few others I settled on the supercharged 350 as I plan on racing it in stock, but if in a year or so I put some more into it then I could consider the factory stock showdown events if I wanted to.

I've gotten testing runs done with the car over a few different days am very happy with how these cars drive. The only drawbacks to the supercharged 350 that I've found is that you need to bring a lot of ice with you to the track for the intercooler, and that it only comes from the factory with a mechanical water pump, where the NA cars have an electric so you can cool it down faster between runs. The other drawback is that the car comes with an 8.5 second cage and the 350 will run that pretty much out of the box, if you plan on going faster you need to up it to a 25.5 cage.

Barton has been very helpful to us with advice and tips on what we should be thinking about for the future with the car, and we ultimately bought our car from Jim Boburka and Joe Horgan at Jim Crivelli Chevrolet, and they were a big help.
bsimms89 is offline   Reply With Quote