View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 01:26 AM   #30
Wade Mahaffey

Liked 17 Times in 7 Posts
Red face Re: 58 Corvette RACEtoration is back online!

Well, I know I'm not settin the world on fire, but I am making a little headway on the car. I put the body on the frame the other day to check fit and function. While it's on the frame I will do several things that need to be done with the body in place.

This is the first time the car has been on the chassis since it was separated a few years ago. It has stock front suspension where a straight axle suspension once was. And now a 9 inch ford rear where an Olds rear was. I'm happy with the project and I know it's happy LOL

The shifter mounted on the trans is cool. It will allow faster converter changes during testing with quick disconnect fluid lines. The hole in the tunnel is large enough to allow the trans to move reward and then straight down....quick change the converter then back up in place. If you need to change out the trans, you can move the shifter over while the trans is on the bench where it's nice and easy. When I switch over to manual transmission, I don't have to deal with the shifter mounted to the floor. I want to have the stick and street engine able to swap out for the race application 283/glide. I'll be fabricating a two piece cover for the hole

Wade Mahaffey
Wade Mahaffey is offline   Reply With Quote