Thread: Speeds in S/G
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 01:25 PM   #7
Charlie Yannetti

Liked 179 Times in 77 Posts
Default Re: Speeds in S/G

Well Dave...... I'm kinda with you on this topic........ I bought my Roadster and put it together to run in S/C, if you remember......... the first year out there in D1 I was pretty happy going 8.90 @ 155 or 156....... the dragsters back then were only going 160 or so..... I was pretty competitive until the dragsters started showing up and going 170 to 180, and now even faster in D1.......... so I moved to S/G where I was doing pretty well and having fun going 9.90 @ 153 or 154........ BUT....... in D1 it seemed that in the drop of a hat most guys are running 163 to 168 with their recently new set ups........ and I'm really feeling that with some testing in the converter and tire area, these guy will easily be into the 170's .........

I really don't see spending a ton of money anymore in trying to keep up......and in a 27 Roadster there is only "SO FAST" before the front fenders start doing a funny dance....... I learned last year that I can dial my car and it responds and does what I want when I want it to........ the only problem I had last year was that I had it in my head that I had to have the stripe and it cost me a lot of rounds........ when you're the slower MPH car, you just have to learn your car and run the top end........ I'm making some low dollar changes that should pick up my power and MPH a bit, but it will probably be a wash cause the fast MPH cars will probably also be picking up...... I only hope they keep it safe......... don't know where this MPH thing will stop, but they all have to run 9.90........

So Dave...... just pit next to me this year and we can shake our heads together....... but whenever we hang out, we do enjoy the race.......
Charlie Yannetti is offline   Reply With Quote