View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 05:46 PM   #33
Jeff Colvert

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Modified questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM5595 View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I am considering building a SS/Modified Stock class combination for 2008. I am looking at SS/BS and I have a couple questions I'm sure someone can answer for me. I used to run Stock Eliminator so I am familiar with Class Racing but not so much with the Modifieds. When the NHRA rule book refers to "OEM" style cylinder heads, "no billet", are they considering manufacturers such as Dart, Edelbrock, etc. as "OEM's" or does it mean Ford, GM, Chrysler? I will be building a Ford so what is accepted? It also says that only NHRA accepted heads are legal but I cannot find a approved list anywhere? Also, can you run a aftermarket cylinder block? Any insight into this class is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jay Roeder
Jay, Sorry that I didn't run across your thread sooner. You can call Jim Kuntz @ Kuntz and Company on what head to use on a Ford combination.He has raced in the A/SM & SS/BS class over the years and builds some of the meanest NA small block Fords in the country. I know he has CNC programs on most all the Ford heads. 870-246-2595

Jeff Colvert SS/G 4456
09 National Record Holder
9.48 @ 140.53

Last edited by Jeff Colvert; 01-26-2010 at 03:23 PM. Reason: phone #
Jeff Colvert is offline   Reply With Quote