View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 09:11 PM   #25
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 219 Times in 79 Posts
Default Re: Generator Questions and Answers, by R&J Control Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Biebel View Post
Rob......Your generator produces AC voltage right away.....If it didn't it would shut down and light a fault code.
Onans pretty much all do that. No output.....shutdown.

The time delay you are seeing is likely due to your ATS (Automatic Transfer Switch). It sends the AC power from either your generator or a land line to your M-H......and many have a time delay built into them before it makes the connection....Lets the generator start and run for a bit to stabilize before connecting. The time delay on some can be switched off with a dip switch.

It is always a good idea to turn off higher load items before shutting off the generator. This is also why the time delay is a good idea.

Funny you should post this. After I posted earlier I went out and got all the books for the Toter-home and started reading. You are exactly right that's what it is. I usually get to the track and walk back and hit the switch for the batteries and then start the generator. Then I go out and setup and unload the trailer then come back in and do the stuff for the truck. So I guess I never noticed it untill we started trying to find out whats up with the fuel consumption and I was standing there waiting on it. Just goes to show reading the owners manual can save problems. LOL

Rich you got any ideas on my fuel consumption problem. Its not the end of the world but I would like to figure it out if possible especially with the price of diesel being what it is.
Thanks again
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote