View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 11:03 AM   #8
Bobby Fazio
VIP Member

Liked 3,494 Times in 426 Posts
Default Re: EFI, Alpha-N vs Speed Density fueling Strategies

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbp1 View Post
Jeff Dona runs his SS LT1 Firebird in Speed Density, Open loop and he has run his car in 1.015 to 1.095 correction without changing anything in his tuneup and the actual Air/Fuel ratio never strayed more than 2% from the target Air/Fuel ratio. This allows a racer to focus on other aspects of his race program without worrying about his or her tuneup every time the engine goes from the dyno to the track or from track to track. [/FONT]
I thought Open Loop meant there was no such thing as a target A/F ratio since no correction is present? Basically it's a carburetor, no? What if it is 65 degrees and 500' DA during Stock Q1 and then 80 degrees and 2000' going into E1, wouldn't you have to make some VE changes? My stocker runs Open Loop Speed Density, Sequential fire, and was deadly to the .001 second during Q1 and Q2 but lost 1 tenth in Q3 and another tenth in E1 at the Summernationals because it got hot on Saturday.

I guess what I want to know is what method is the most consistent for bracket racing? Predictable dial-ins? And not having to hook the laptop up before or after every pass to add/subtract fuel or guess on a fuel setting before first round?