View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 04:43 PM   #17
Chad Rhodes
VIP Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: Crate Motor Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Peterson View Post
Bruce, im not trying to be too bitter, i understand what you mean about racing NHRA and IHRA but poeple that run crate motors do not get the same benefit to do so...i just thought we are all racers we all race for the same reasons.....but then you get Mr Rhodes saying carte motor cars would dilute the class....i just don't see any problem .... and ive never seen a crate motor car fail a tear down but i sure do hear alot of those other SA cars faling tech....
when you built or bought your car, did you not have the option to go either crate motor or traditional stocker? were you unaware that NHRA didn't run crate motor cars?

IHRA has always run classes that NHRA did not (pure stock, formula stock, GT Stock, crate motor). I have no problem with IHRA racing, plan to do somethis year. But when you build a combo that is specific to IHRA then complain when the NHRA guys don't want to allow it is like buying a lot in a golf course community and complaining when they won't let you put a double wide on it. you knew the rules going in. Did you see how much opposition there was to allowing AA/S and AA/SA in NHRA? And that was just a weight break for existing cars. People complain that there is not enough heads up racing, and too many classes as is. How many more would crate motors add? Class Wins already pay NOTHING, do you think NHRA wants to give out 100 wallys in a 128 car eliminator field?

Last edited by Chad Rhodes; 01-08-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Chad Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote