View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 09:13 AM   #1
Wayne Skelly

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default 74 LeMans stocker "Buford"

Started a build on a 40k mile 350 2bbl LeMans which has been parked since 99. Car was headed for scrap but it is now Billy Nees approved and endorsed! Car is the same color as the Buford T. Justice sheriff car from Smokey and the Bandit with a white top and lovely green and white interior(yup....that's right) of which the upholstery closely resembles my grandmas couch when I was growing up. I am told it will make a great Q, R or T car.

Trying to thrash it out for the Dutch classic coming up and stay close to the grand budget. Had some almost new 26x8.5s and 26" front runners laying around, Billy threw in a set of 4.56 gears and a posi to use for now. Just got a set of cheap headers and a Jegs XHD converter. Ordered a cam from Bullet which should be here Tues. The rear is out and opened, should have the gears in by the end of the weekend. Driveline is getting ready to come out as I am typing this(wife and kid are thrashing away while I slack!) Gonna check chamber volumes and upgrade springs then drop it back in figuring on an overhaul over the winter. Neighbor Bob and my son are gonna freshen up the trans the beginning of the week.

If all goes well we should be playing at Maple in a coupla weeks. I will work on the picture thing but am rather computer retarded unfortunately.
Wayne Skelly is offline   Reply With Quote