View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 07:41 PM   #20
masracing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Top Draster wheelbase

Thanks Scott

I appreciate the work you guys have been putting into these races.

I have a lot of respect for Wayne as a racer and for the way he conducted the last minute races year. There is no one who is more committed fair competitive racing. Just the scheduling of these races to ensure they do not conflict with or take away form the NED series and all the hard work that their comittee put into that deal says a lot.

My offer still stands like I told Wayne let me know if there is anything I can do to help out. Either before the season or on the race days. (Well except maybe sweeping your trailers) anything related to the races though I am in.

As I said before I see both sides of discussion on the et break. In fact I was more in favor of hte 7.70 However, having talked to you at the banquet and thinking about it I trust Wayne's opinion on the 7.49 deal.

You know as well as I do a 7.70 car can easily become a 7.30 car with some "tune up in a bottle". We saw this all the time at NED last year. I am hoping to go from 7.1s to well into the 6s with mine. Should be an interesting learning curve

My thoughts on the meeting were mainly to make sure everyone is on the same page. If we did it, it would be really nice if a track official or two could be there so we could coordinate what they need from us on race days and in turn what we need from them. For example run order and other details. I hope that neither Wayne or you take this meeting suggestion as implying that you are not being fair and open about he planning process. I know this is not the case at all. I think others realize that as well. As I said in my earlier post this would be something I would be willing to help coordinate if it would take some work load from you guys.

I have spoken to a few racers recently with very fast cars that said they would be interested but had concerns about track prep. I assured them that the track has committed to work with us and make the track the best it can be. I will say in my opinion that last weekend we ran there in October even with the very cold track temps the track was excellent on Sunday. I was running 60 fts better than what I ran the following week at the Dutch Classic. This can be a great deal very close to home if everyone works together.

Thanks

B.J. Masiello

Last edited by masracing; 02-12-2009 at 08:18 PM.
masracing is offline   Reply With Quote