View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 07:49 AM   #34
SEBELL1862

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to SEBELL1862
Default Re: Lebanon Valley Flooded

The track was open for street night last night. The cars were making it down the track fine- of course they were street cars with street tires so take it for what it is worth.
I can honestly say that it was dusty. As the night went on- it appeared to get better but we know we have a lot more clean up to do. The pit area is coming along and drying out. The area by the fuel depot that was damaged is being filled in and worked on. Jersey barriers are back in place down track and everything on the track is dry.
This will all be a work in progress and all we can ask is that people understand that and support us. Reminder it has been less than a week since everything was under several feet of water.
I understand about the safety concerns of all the racers. I too have my concerns about the safety of everyone because you are all like my family. I don't do my job at the track because I get paid a lot of money because I don't, trust me. I do it because I love the sport and love the people and if I can offer something to keep drag racing in the area I want to do it. My daughter also races as well as my husband when he gets the itch. Both with dragsters.
Having said that- here is my opinion and the favor I ask of all of you-
Do not be too harsh and judgemental about the conditions right now. The track needs to be reconditioned so to speak- it's green just like it is in the beginning of the season. The starting line last night was at best marginal. It needs to be scraped and redone just like at the beginning of the season until it gets some rubber on it. Down track doesn't appear to be too bad- the repairs have been made and everything is in one piece.
Friday night is a show. In my opinion it should be a celebration- not of how fast we can race but the fact we CAN race. The fact that we were able to get even street cars down the track last night with time slips is amazing.
We have survived and we will continue to get things under control and continue to get better. The crowd that will attend will more curiosity seekers because of all the flood coverage. The most we can do for our sport is to show these people what we are about- a family.
I personally would like to thank everyone for their support and kind words. My fingers are crossed and my prayers are with those who had equipment damaged, that the road to recovery will be quick. It's been a tough road.

Sue Bell
SEBELL1862 is offline   Reply With Quote