View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 10:56 AM   #44
J.R. Schodde 1225

Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts
Smile Re: S/SS races in Hagerstown November 2-3

First, Happy 40th Birthday to Mike Carr! It was a blast hanging out and working alongside you, Mom, Tom Lang and Ronnie all weekend! It was my pleasure to assist the President with the race this weekend!

In my eyes, nobody has supported class racers more than you have in the last 25 years. In the infancy of the internet, you wrote more articles and posted on more forums explaining basics, rules, quirks, class changes / differences and stats to fans than anyone! Your dedication to the local class racers is unprecedented. You gave us places to race on off “HRA” weekends, and hang out with our extended family once more. You made it worthwhile traveling to tracks with double race weekends and 100% payback every race! I now know why you did it on your own dime all of these years! Seeing the winner take the best parking space at the track at the end of the race (as Kyle Huntzberry said) and celebrating with their family and friends makes it all worth it. Thanks for all your spots on the starting line, the great stories at our many “family dinners” and most of all, your friendship! Happy Birthday! (We will figure out how to keep this great series going)

Second, Thanks to all the racers for their cooperation and support this weekend. Because of you, we were able to finish before the track got too cold after the sun went down.

Third, thanks to Elmer and the entire staff at the track! You kept the show running smoothly, dragging the track to keep heat and rubber on the surface and saw lots of compound down between classes. The burnout box guys were excellent keeping them manicured every pair. I don’t see that everywhere anymore. The starter had everything cleaned and safe before every pass! Announcing was on point with Mike Bassin doing a great job enthusiastically explaining class racing to the fans as always. The ladders and sheets made my job easy! As a racer, I have always appreciated the workers at the track. I appreciate everyone even more now seeing behind the scenes. Give my thanks to all involved at the track!

Next, congratulations to all winners and finalists! The parody was perfect this weekend with stockers, super stockers, and nostalgia super stockers all in the late rounds!

Finally, the story about Jim and Scotty Henderson running it out the back door in the second round to run their first 10 is classic! The 10.99 dial was on the window both runs and it popped up 10.97 @ 120 and a breakout loss. Happiest father and son 2nd round runners up I have ever seen! If I only knew that Scott wasn’t lifting no matter what, I would have put 9.99 on the window!

Have a great winter and I’ll see everyone next Spring!

Carl Jr.
J.R. Schodde 1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked