Thread: SST legal
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 08:59 AM   #34
Joe Capri85

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: SST legal

Great thread, all this info from a "is it legal" question. Well I drove to PA and brought back a tube chassis mustang II.(Detroit) My shop is super busy right now put I hope to get to it in the next couple of weeks. My fab guy wants to update the car and keep the 7.50 cert but not sure it matters for what I want to do with it though. The car was built a LONG time ago but has really good parts on it. So the next question is this: I have parts lying around the shop to build a 515 bbc should make plenty of power but I purchased a new deadenbear TS with the second linkage from a guy on here about a year ago for a 4150 style carb.(all new in box) This will hurt power but I don't think that it will matter, it should still run plenty under, but do you guys think it will be just a consistant with the smaller carb on a bigger engine.

a side note I do machine work for some pretty good S/SS guys --way tooo high strung waving temp gauges at 7:30 in morning and draining oil out to go faster. I'm looking forward to being a duck in the 90 towards the end of the season. (for a few races any way)

Thanks Joe
Joe Capri85 is offline   Reply With Quote