Thread: SST legal
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 09:00 PM   #32
Ron Gusack

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default Re: SST legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by C and W Racing View Post
Ron, not wanting to sound critical, but I think every car out there should have a diaper. I've been unfortunate to have wrecked my car twice from getting into oil on the track. First time was my oil, from a failure of an o ring on the filter. (Diaper would have caught the oil) second time was getting into oil that someone else put onto the track. I was way more upset after the second time, because that was after they started mandating diapers but it was from a car that didn't require one. Point is, it's not always about you, think about your competators as well. It may not be your wallet that ends up paying the consequences.
Chuck
I understand completely, you make a good point. I recently went back to a stock type filter and I have a blocked by-pass so I worry about the filter O-ring. I'm willing to run one, but they are a pain.......aren't they?
They mount to the header bolts, with straps, right? Aren't the straps in the way if you have to change plugs? Will they go on and off with a stock Nova subframe?
Ron Gusack is offline   Reply With Quote