Thread: Veteran Issues
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 12:17 PM   #29
FED 387
VIP Member

Liked 280 Times in 150 Posts
Default Re: Veteran Issues

As we get older & grayer our perspective on lotsa things change. Many of the "programs" that are in place and the benefits that the "recipients " recieve even tho not deserved but maybe "entitled" to when I look at some of this crap it makes my blood boil!!!!!!!! I served in the Army and when I went in my health was at a "certain " level when I came out of service my health was nowhere near the level that it was when I went in.

The Army had drastically changed my health situation from that beginning level , it can never return to the pre Army level no matter what anybody does. Do I think I should be compensated? YES, do I think I deserve it ? YES..do I think I am being selfish NO, I did my part ,they messed up my health, they promised me they would "help" me if I did get messed up so now its time for them to live up to their part of the deal. End of story.

What has screwed up this whole country is that certain people think they are entitled to benefits even tho not earned they feel they deserve. How they got this mindset is beyond me but it p-sses me off to no end. Certain Social Security, unemployment and work related disability benefits are something that just makes me madder than hell. But that's a whole other dilemma!!!

What needs to change is the meaning of the words "entitlement" and "deserved" and how they are used. It seems that they are used interchangebly. SS we paid into ,at a certain time if certain conditions have been met its time to start paying back the retirement money. If you did not pay into SS at all or very little you should not be "entitled" to a higher amount than what you DESERVE. But along the way they have changed the rules so now if you have a pulse you can apply and get it. Thats wrong plain wrong. Thats why the system is in trouble. But I digress.

Keep us all informed of the many unknown benefits available to Veterans
FED 387 is offline   Reply With Quote