View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 01:03 AM   #51
Paul Plummer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Div. 7 racers, R.M.R. has a BIG RACE 4 US!

Updated 6-13-2011 - And that makes 20 ladies and gentleman and a great start for a combo race in Salt Lake. With the state of the economy and the crazy driving distances for us out west, pulling 20 stock and super-stockers for a non-points race this early in the season is incredible!

The Ascroft B.C. Pro-AM (IHRA's version of a division race) points race I attended pulled a total 17 stock and super stockers. The track was 2-1/2 hours from the Mission Raceway in B.C & could only manage to pick-up 17 racers total. The majority of the racers traveled to the track from Calgary & Edmonton - a very long drive. My drive was 18 hours round trip.

1) Gary Hampton - EF/SA
2) Larry Rush - SS/DA
3) Paul (Jody) Plummer - F/CM
4) Mike Coe - Stock
5) Jim Hughes - Stock
6) Dane McIntosh - Stock
7) Brian Sanderson - A/SA
8) Les Norton - Stock
9) John Percy - Super Stock
10) Bill Spens - Stock
11) Gary Swenson - SS/H
12) Mike Graham - SS/GT
13) Tom Albritton - SS/DM
14) Cameron Kallas - SS/BM
15) Earl Snow Sr. - Stock
16) Glenn Snow - SS/GT
17) Don Kennedy - GT/AA
18) Wes King SS/CS
19) Al Steinmetz F/SA
20) Adam Emmer - SuperStock

I am looking forward to meeting all of you and putting on a great show for the fans and racers.

We may have to find away to issue some bounties on folks during the event - not sure if you know how these work? Basically somebody posts a $10, $25 OR $50 bounty on one of their buddies. Bounty could be posted by another racer, crew chief, friend or a fan. If someone beats the guy in eliminations, they get the bounty. If no one beats the guy he gets the bounty. My buddy beat the local Super Pro gold card carrier last year in a points race - we were just there to test and picked up $50 from the guys best friend who posted the bounty. Not a lot of cash but a lot of laughing on the part of everyone involved. In the track champs defense, he had the better light by .03 but broke out by .001".

Just a fun idea to put a little more skin in the game for anyone racing to enjoy without breaking the bank!!! Let see if there is any interest - I will post the first one on Tom Albritton - First guy to beat Tom in eliminations collects $25. It is only fair since he won the whole show last year!!

See you in Salt Lake.........................................
Paul Plummer is offline   Reply With Quote