View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 06:46 PM   #1
cmallory96

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Just another 4th gen F-body

Hey guys & gals, the name's Chris, and I'm from Topeka, KS, and this is my dirty turd of a 97' RS F-body.

I've owned it for almost three years now, and really haven't started doing much of anything to it until recently. Lots of up and downs over the years have forced me to put it up for sale a bunch of times, but ultimately I have always had a change of heart, so I've decided to hold onto it and just finish it.

Really have been trying to find direction for the thing. Would be cool to build a stock eliminator car out of it, because I really love the class, but it's been set up for an LS engine, and with that being said, it's been rather difficult trying to find a 97' year LS1 considering they were only in C5s at the time, and I really don't care to run an LT1 (Please don't flame me for those of you who are reading this, and who are LT1 lovers! They're just not my cup of tea!)

So that leads me to the deciding factor of building it for 10.90 index racing.

Right now I've got an iron block 4.8l that I am planning on beating the crap out of while I build a 6.0 for next season. Backing the 4.8 is a turbo 400, and backed by that eventually a 9" Ford (when I find one).

As I get more parts, and do more things to the car I will post more.

If any of you reading are from around Northeast Kansas, or race in Division 5, let me know! I'm trying to find more people to chat with in the area who run the Stock, Super Stock, Super Street categories because I have a million questions that the rulebook doesn't answer!

cmallory96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked