View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default Auto Meter Northern Class Nationals event planning

We have talked about it, kicked the idea around, hemmed, hawed, pondered, and pontificated about reviving the famous US Class Nationals concept for years now... really, ever since the inaugural event was completed. Having promoted a couple of successful big-money bracket races now, I'm distinctly aware of the massive amount of preparation and promotion necessary to make an event a reality -- and among those things is time. It takes time not only to reach all of our potential customers, but also to line up dates, sponsors, advertising, etc. It seems like the final step of taking the plunge and just *doing* it is always a little behind the timeline, and it just never gets done.

What I am proposing is to get the ball rolling now for a 2014 event. Let's hash out and test the concept first.

To complement the significant number of truly great S/SS Combo events and series out there, I believe having an event where Stock and Super Stock run separate, as well as having Class Eliminations, would provide a greater draw.

Northern Doorslammer Nationals -- Event format: My goal is to have a 2-day event, featuring Stock and Super Stock as separate classes -- really need to be able to draw 64 cars per class to be viable.

Friday: Parking & Registration. Potentially a track-run test n' tune.
Saturday: Time Trials and Class Eliminations. Minimum of Iron Tree trophies for each Class winner, and will work on sponsor contingency/awards
Sunday: Main event eliminations, minimum of $5,000/win, with round money starting 3rd round, similar level to a Sportsnationals event.

If y'all are on board, I'm willing to work for YOU, the racer.

Last edited by Michael Beard; 07-31-2013 at 08:49 PM. Reason: updated thread title
Michael Beard is offline   Reply With Quote