View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 01:23 AM   #53
Mike Taylor 3601
VIP Member

Liked 116 Times in 48 Posts
Default Re: New Technical Inspection Addendum

Two things I can tell you is about 10-12 years I had a customer done engine for 8.5X26 tire class... 5.17 1/8 like it was on a rail... they couldn't go any quicker..so finally they added 10lbs boost....go or smoke tires..5.17 on a rail..they were scratching their heads....their tuner showed them how to change run/parameters in grid..5,08 but not on a rail anymore... as long as it had those one set of parameters...5,17 on a rail no matter what...

2nd.. friends running NMCA pro mod type car told me track was throwing them.. here local starting line tight loose at 1/8.... NMCA greasy starting line greasy.. 1/8 tight said everyone was using traction control so they navigate greasy first half...he didn't have and struggled... he got one and was trying to get baseline here local...wrong number of magnets on driveshaft entered between rounds... basically made run half throttle..because traction control thought it was spinning..
so I got on Davis technology website and I was pissed... FIRST demonstration was showing data for 500'' NHRA Pro Stock..
it does traction control or consistency....
my opinion... a car is running dead on dial.... MPH is all over place pay attention..

Last edited by Mike Taylor 3601; 02-24-2021 at 02:09 AM.
Mike Taylor 3601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked