View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 08:15 PM   #7
LNorton

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Tires for Stick Car

I do a pretty small burnout in the bird. Just get it up on the tire and come out of the water as soon as they start smoking.

I will admit that we have only put 35 runs on the car so far this year, but they have all been in the last 3 weeks. And after the first 10 the 60' times started getting very inconsistent. Iam used to seeing the car move .02 during the day, but down at Motor Mile during the last 20 runs i saw as much as a .08 difference from run to run with the same setup.

Normally I rotate them side to side after about 10-15 runs, but they are starting to need to be rotated every 5 runs. They are about shot.

I know that I am not going to get the same amount of runs as an automatic car, because this thing crushes the tire on the line. Hits the tire harder than our Super Gas car ever did.

The only thing pushing me away from M/T is the price, because we get a pretty good deal on Hoosiers. I would work with a $50 total difference or around there, because I will get that back with a class win at MIR on the M/Ts.

I'm just kinda lost, because this thing was deadly 60' last year.

Wow, that was long winded...

EDIT: Forgot to mention, 60' Times are in the low 1.7x range. Will be high 1.6x when we get the tune up worked out.

Last edited by LNorton; 07-10-2007 at 08:21 PM.
LNorton is offline   Reply With Quote