View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 10:22 AM   #6
Tony Corley

Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: True Horsepower Classes in NHRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker 2 View Post
Yes there is a class for you to go faster. It is called Super Stock. That's where special built factory racecars that were never legal to be licensed for the street belonged in the first place. Stock eliminator does not need 8 second/160 MPH cars chasing slower classed cars.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I truly fail to see the difference in factory involvement now compared to factory involvement in the '60's and early 70's...... Didn't they also build limited production, factory racecars then that dominated stock?
I understand that "traditional" Stock Eliminator racers don't seem to care that much for the newer cars. It seems to me that they would welcome them and the new racers and fans that they attract with open arms. I do see the need to keep the indexes fair in order to keep the older cars competitive, but beyond that, see no issues.
I guess 40 years from now, the guys still racing the currently new crop of factory cars will be complaining about the 4 second nuclear powered factory race cars having no place in Stock Eliminator, lol.

Rant over.
Tony Corley is offline   Reply With Quote