Thread: Speeds in S/G
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 07:13 PM   #20
Eddie Arnold Jr.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Speeds in S/G

Nitro ,,,,

Please tell Dad , that not everyone who runs High MPH ,, hits the bakes !

I for one still dial my car and attempt to run the number , in the 92 passes I made last year , not once did
I use the brakes except for normal stoping after the race ,,,,,, remember I have hit the wall on more than one
occasion with a Small Block and know what excessive braking can do ( That is another good topic for winter cabin fever ) ---- I was schooled by some very good racers , some on this board on how to drive the stripe and when to start getting out the gas .

One of the reason , I went to a BIG BLOCK , was when I saw Tom Seeman come into Trails and go 9.91 , 9.908 @ 171 MPH,,,,when you dial one of them beast and can be consistent , you will be tough !!!!
Bottom Line run the number and it don't matter , but if you miss the number don't blink , because I'll be right there

Now I will Wap you a couple of times as I pass you but the brake never comes into play ,,,, at least not for me and the folks that have help me to be a better racer ,,,,,, Trust me when you are running high MPH ,brakes are the last thing on your mind , at least mine

Colorful # 37

PS,,,,, Don't beleive CBS ,,, the motor he let me use is making over 1200 HP