View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 11:19 PM   #104
Dave Ribeiro
VIP Member

Liked 56 Times in 27 Posts
Default Re: Crate Motor Class

Brandon,

Don't ever loose that passion for racing... I look forward to meeting you at one of the races.
Your dad and I already know each other and have raced each other several times... I think he has the advantage and seem to be a good guy.. I know he likes Fords & Mustangs...
Thats what I enjoy most about Racing is the people & friends you make its great.. Don't give up that dream on running your car in NHRA, Stock or Super/Stock, you will love it.
Same problems, just different faces & poor payouts.... But its great to have choices where you can go and race.... I have been telling racers that for years and I like the way IHRA treats the little guys... Like it was years ago, when racing was much more Fun...
But like Terry said, with the way things are we are lucky to still have places to Race..

Terry, your comments are dead-on about sportsmen racing & Ego's... Yes, we are so lucky to have a places to Race... But, I think a Racer association is necessary in the future
of Drag-racing ...Thats why I think we need more All Star & East Coast racing associations.
They will be the where the Sportsmen Groups will have something to offer if they can only STICK together as one... We have a lot to offer if its presented right and band as one group... But, I think it will take all of these splinter groups first, then have our own Sportsnational kind of thing... We are beginning to see these groups have $ 5-10 k races and all in only one day of racing. .(saving on expenses)...But, I think its still a ways off, depending on what happens with NHRA & IHRA in the future.... The roundy/roundy guys stuck together many years ago and Nascar is the final outcome ...It will take time & a person with a Vision.
Nice to have a dream , Time will tell..............

Last edited by Dave Ribeiro; 01-09-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Dave Ribeiro is offline   Reply With Quote