Thread: Was it just me?
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 08:49 PM   #13
sc3912

Liked 6 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Was it just me?

For me, the timing equipment seemed good for the national and divisional. Other than round one on sunday, when I ran slow. I didnt think I missed the prediction that badly, but I could have. On the first weekend the MWSC was at 66, I felt the timing system was messed up. Usually my 60 fts are within a hundreth but that day, I was off by 4 hundreths. From one time run to the next, I lost 3 mph at the finish line and my 660-1/4 was off by 6 hundreths when they usually at the worst, vary by around a hundreth or so. On that run, my 1/8 mph was good and I had a 4 hundreths quicker 60 ft. Granted there was a stiff wind that day, but the next weekend, we also had similar wind conditions and my runs were back to normal. I saw nothing on the data recorder that would suggest that a car problem was causing my inconsistancies. I have a guy who works for me that races bikes, and himself and several of the bike riders have gotten weird numbers too.

I can understand why you went red in the shootout Rock, you were intimidated.LOL
and I was dang lucky.