View Single Post
Old 05-13-2024, 11:50 AM   #59
JP1738

Liked 345 Times in 107 Posts
Default Re: JP1738's Stocker and S/G car

Managed to snag another win at my little local outlaw track Shadyside Dragway! Picked up the 6.0 index win! The pro tree has been very good to me so far this year. I've entered 4 P/T races this year, SGAS at Carolina, 6.0 at Rockingham and Shadyside, and S/ST at Charlotte and have made 3 finals despite my early exit at the zMax National.

Five rounds of racing, tough competition, and a whole lot of nitrous to get it done! No barometer this past weekend meant we were spraying from the water box the the E/T shack, but I had enough to get the job done in the finals!

I brought my stocker along with my new to me double open trailer and had a good friend of mine wheel it. He's a lot more experienced than me at swapping feet, so I wanted to get him in it to try to win some rounds and give me feedback on what he likes about the car, doesn't like, and changes that might make me more competitive. He wasn't able to go deep in the race, but we did learn some very valuable information about the set up and things to note moving forward. It needs another oil change and the shift points adjusted still, but it gets a little bit better every time it shows up at the track! If this had been an NHRA race, we would have struggled to get under the index, we were only managing around an 8.22 off its 8.26 index. Safe to say it does not like thin air! Barometer was sat around 28.85 in/Hg most of the weekend.

#2827 N/SA 1980 Malibu SW 2S 305/180
#2827 S/ST 1978 Mazda RX7 w/ 383 sbc/glide
JP1738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked