View Single Post
Old 11-18-2023, 11:52 PM   #13
Randy Wells

Liked 990 Times in 302 Posts
Default Re: A Funny thing has happened to EV’s

Ok let's convert horse power to kilowatts, 100 HP is equal to about 75 Kilowatts, 1 million kilowatts is a giga watt, your average cole burner is in the 1 to 2 giga watt range, your average wind turbin is 2.5 mega watt. Do the math if you take all the hydrocarbon vehicles and converted them to electric our grid would crash, it will take trillions of dollars to up grade our grid and power capacity to handle it, if we can even get this new lazy generation to even build it. There is 15 drilling rigs sitting idol in the Bakken because they can't get workers. It is all a money making scam.
The US uses 1300 Gigawatts (at any given time,what the grid can handle) of power, if every one drove an electric it would take 50,000 Gigs of power at 200 million vehicles not counting farm implements a d small engines, probably more a day on the roads, with and average of 200 HP, probably more . I am sure there a lot more smarter people on here then me, do the math. We haven't figured out perpetual motion yet, it takes power to make power.
Randy Wells
I/S 5628

Last edited by Randy Wells; 11-19-2023 at 08:15 AM.
Randy Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked