View Single Post
Old 01-09-2022, 12:11 PM   #10
GUMP
VIP Member

Liked 1,744 Times in 423 Posts
Default Re: NHRA Sportsman Racer Advisory Council

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDS Inc View Post
...with regards to AHFS. Really isn't this what this about?
Yes.

Quote:
For discussion, we will say 1/3rd of the racers have a favorable combination that they want to protect at all cost (I would too).
I think that this is a fair statement.

Quote:
1/3rd are guys working on their stuff - to the extent they can financially or with knowledge - and there is no way they can catch the soft combos.
If a racer feels that they have picked a good combination and that work, money, and knowledge will make it a contender, I don't see a problem. If a racer wants charity, I do see one.

If a racer has beaten their combination to death, or had it beaten to death by others, or picked a combination that has been beaten to death, I think that falls into the "that's life" category.

Quote:
Those who want to penalize soft combos or the group who is soft?
Love Ya Mike, but I think that this post lost merit when the language switched from "favorable" to "soft".

Quote:
I can't see many who would do a better job at it.
Maybe if I was on the mailing list I would come to the same conclusion? I think that the job would be a real pain for sure. I wouldn't want it!!

It is incredible how many calls, messages, and texts I have gotten over my recent threads. It's very interesting to see what rises to the top when you stir the pot enough.....