Thread: Seriously Guys!
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 08:56 PM   #9
Jim Bailey

Liked 614 Times in 115 Posts
Wink Re: Seriously Guys!

I've run every NHRA Div 3 points meet. I've run every NHRA Div 2 points meet. I ran every IHRA National event on their schedule for ten years straight, and I ran every NMCA race the first year they offered Stk/SS..... What's my point ? ...It's not the sanctioning's bodies job to work their schedules around us. You have the right to chose where you're gonna race, or not race at all. As a sportsman / hobby racer, I pick the "best deal" for my race weekends. If there was a conflicting race, I looked for an out of division race to fill up my quota. Granted, I'm not chasing the NHRA Div Points Championship, or the NHRA National Championship. If you are, then you already know where you're gonna race, If you're not, then choose the races that fit your needs, budget and schedule. ( News flash : Nether NHRA or NMCA needs Stk/SS to survive ). NHRA Div 2 will continue to schedule their Baby Gators on rainy 30 degree weekends in early March, and NMCA will continue to schedule their season opener in sunny warmer Bradenton, with full qualified fields in every category, including 20 - 30 Factory Shoot Out Stockers, in front of bleachers full of spectators, (just like the Gainesville points meet), even the NMCA Stk/SS car count doubled from the first to second year. I agree, One of them should change their race date. But, it's probably not NMCA. And I'm guessing NHRA isn't changing their race date. Why would they? So, take your pick.
Jim Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked